VOLUNTEERS ARE URGENTLY NEEDED IN APRIL
Clinical trials we are funding
Clinical trials help find new methods for diagnosing, treating, managing and preventing cancer. They examine a broad range of areas:
- new anticancer drugs, including chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, biological therapy and immunotherapy agents
- new approaches to cancer prevention, screening, surgery and radiation therapy
- new combinations of treatments
- new ways of using standard treatments
- complementary and alternative cancer therapies
- supportive care to reduce the impact of cancer on emotions and behaviour
Even the most promising scientific findings must first be proven to be safe and effective in clinical trials before they can be used as standard treatment. The cancer treatments that are used today were developed and tested in clinical trials.
My favourite thing about Camp Goodtime is being able to hang out with other kids who have survived cancer. They know what is going on in your life and can help you get through it.
Facing the financial burden of cancer
The Canadian Cancer Society provides helpful information about government income programs, financial resources and other resources available to families struggling to make sense of the personal financial burden they face.