Who we are and what we do
Creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national, community-based organization of staff and volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
What we do
At the Canadian Cancer Society, we are committed to improving and saving lives. That’s why we are always looking for new ways to prevent cancer, find it early and treat it more successfully. It’s why we’re always ready to give people with cancer the help and support they need to lead more fulfilling lives.
We set ourselves apart from other cancer charities by taking a comprehensive approach against cancer. We are also the only national charity that supports all Canadians living with all cancers across the country.
Here’s how we are doing more:
- We are the country’s largest national charitable funder of research into all types of cancer.
- We educate people on how to reduce their risk of cancer and how some types of cancer can be found early through screening tests.
- Our support services help people with cancer and their loved ones at a time when they are scared and anxious.
- We are a trusted source of information about all types of cancer.
- We advocate to governments on important cancer-related issues on behalf of those affected by cancer.
It was very important that the fundraiser be in honour of my uncle, because it’s a great way to show our support for him.
Together we can reduce the burden of cancer
Last year, we only had the resources available to fund 40% of high-priority research projects. Imagine the impact we could have if we were able to fund 100%.