North Bay & District Community Office
147 McIntyre Street West, Unit 101
North Bay, Ontario
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Serving the communities of:
Burk's Falls, Callander, Magnetawan and area, Mattawa, Parry Sound, Powassan, South River, Sundridge, Temiskaming Shores and West Nipissing.
News and announcements
Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements.
Upcoming Events for 2015
Daffodil Month April 1-30
- Daffodil Pin Site Sells, April 9-11
Relay For Life Events
- Sturgeon Falls, West Nipissing Recreation Cente, June 6, 6 p.m. -12 a.m.
- North Bay, 22 Wing CFB, Athletic Field, June 12, 6 p.m. - 12 a.m.
- Sundridge, Strong Agricultical Grounds, June 19 & 20, 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.
- North Bay Royal Canadian Legion Br. 23, 150 First Ave, West, Wednesday, February 23, 2015 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Be a Cancer Fighter
Volunteer opportunities & messages
2015 Relay For Life - Volunteers Needed
Relay For Life happens across the province this June and we are looking to build our volunteer crews and leaders. Currently we are looking for volunteers for the following roles:
COMMUNITY CREW volunteers - an integral part of participant recruitment and the face of Relay For Life in our community.
EVENT CREW volunteers - part of a dynamic group of volunteers who will bring Relay For Life - to life!
TRAINING WALK LEADERS - a group of energetic volunteers who will support and coach our Relay For Life participants, ensuring they reach their physical goals.
Open Volunteer descriptions here:
Event Crew Volunteer
Training Walk Leader
If you have a few hours to spare and would like to help us out - please contact Debbie Marson, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator - firstname.lastname@example.org 705-472-9072 x 3737
Share your valuable time and talents as a volunteer with the Canadian Cancer Society.
We are seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- Drivers: Assist clients in getting to and from cancer treatment and appointments
- Peer To Peer support: Through your own cancer journey experience you offer encouragement, comfort and practical support.
- Prevention: Promote healthy living and risk reduction messages by distribuing materials and making presentations.
- Special Events: Help with planning, set up, event day or volunteer recruitment.
- Office: Administrative Reception and data entry assistance.
- Outreach: Help raise awareness about cancer and the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Advocacy: Promote changes to public policy related to awareness and prevention.
- Financial: Assist with financial management at fundraising events.
Download our volunteer pamphlet (PDF).
To learn more about any of these opportunities, call or email today. We would love to welcome you to our team!
Email Debbie Marson, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator at email@example.com or call: 705-472-9072 ext 3737, toll free: 1-888-208-2125