North Bay & District Community Office
147 McIntyre Street West, Unit 101
North Bay, Ontario
Hours of operation:
Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Serving the communities of:
Burk's Falls, Callander, Magnetawan and area, Mattawa, Parry Sound, Powassan, South River, Sundridge, Temiskaming Shores and West Nipissing.
News and announcements
Please stay tuned for upcoming announcements.
Upcoming Events for 2015
Be a Cancer Fighter
Volunteer opportunities & messages
Share your valuable time and talents as a volunteer with the Canadian Cancer Society.
We are seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- Drivers: Assist clients in getting to and from cancer treatment and appointments
- Peer To Peer support: Through your own cancer journey experience you offer encouragement, comfort and practical support.
- Prevention: Promote healthy living and risk reduction messages by distribuing materials and making presentations.
- Special Events: Help with planning, set up, event day or volunteer recruitment.
- Office: Administrative Reception and data entry assistance.
- Outreach: Help raise awareness about cancer and the Canadian Cancer Society.
- Advocacy: Promote changes to public policy related to awareness and prevention.
- Financial: Assist with financial management at fundraising events.
Download our volunteer pamphlet (PDF).
To learn more about any of these opportunities, call or email today. We would love to welcome you to our team!
Email Debbie Marson, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 705-472-9072 ext 3737, toll free: 1-888-208-2125