Each April, CCS celebrates Daffodil Month. It’s an opportunity for Canadians to support those who are currently fighting the disease, honour those who have lost their fight, fund world-class research and learn about cancer risk reduction. We are the largest national charitable funder of cancer research and childhood cancer research in Canada. In fact, the CCS has more impact, against more cancers, in more communities than any other charity in Canada.
Daffodil Month Activities include: Residential Canvassing, Point of Sale Coin Boxes, Street Sales, Workplace & School Campaigns.
If you would like to volunteer with our Residential Campaign in your area - please click here.
Street Sales will take place in Stratford - Mar 30th - Apr 2nd & Apr 20th - Apr 23rd
If you would like to volunteer for a shift with our Street Sales in Stratford, click Online Scheduler. For general inquiries, please click here.
Street Sales will take place in Goderich - Mar 30th - Apr 1st. If you would like to volunteer, please click here.
Whether you are cheering on survivors, walking the track, passing the baton to your teammate or joining in exciting trackside activities, Relay For Life is more than just a cancer walk – it’s a journey. Go the distance and join the thousands of Canadians making a difference funding vital support services and Canada's most promising cancer research.
To register for:
Stratford, June 2nd - click here
Listowel, June 10th - click here
Goderich June 16th - click here
Our 2nd Annual Pigs of Hope Campaign in Huron-Perth was another success! This campaign raised over $16,000 to help cancer patients get to their treatments with our Wheels of Hope Transportation Service, as well as it heightened the awareness of this invaluable program!
Check out the article here.
Meet Bennett, he is 9 years old. He brought in $230 that he collected from his country lane way donation bucket this summer.
This is Grace. She is in Grade 2, and loves to bake. She brought in over $145 from her bake sale in September.
YOU CAN ALSO JOIN OUR DEDICATED TEAM OF CANCER FIGHTERS BY HOSTING YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER! You choose the idea and we will help make it a success!
Contact us or check out www.cancer.ca/fundraise for more information. Event ideas include golf tournaments, head shave events, galas, sporting events, you name it!
OUR FIGHT FOR LIFE IN HURON-PERTH
With the support of our generous donors, we are fighting back against cancer in our community and across Ontario.
You fund research that is saving lives
- Over $785,000 was invested in 9 cancer research projects in SW Ontario, specifically at the University of Western Ontario, University of Windsor & the Lawson Research Institute.
- Through its funding of the NCIC Clinical Trials Group, we supported 21 clinical trials in SW Ontario at the London Regional Cancer Program & the Windsor Regional Cancer Centre. These trials ensure that cancer patients in our community have access to the very best cancer care and can benefit from new research discoveries.
- Thanks to research, we been able to dramatically improve the 5-year survival rate from 25% in 1947 to over 60% today.
You support Ontarians through their cancer journey
- Cancer Information Service provided answers to questions about all types of cancer and many other cancer-related topics to over 200 local people through our confidential, toll-free line @ 1-888-939-3333 in 2015. Information is also available online 24/7 at www.cancer.ca
- CancerConnection.ca provides 24/7 support from an online community of people living with cancer and their family and friends. More than 12,500 patients, caregivers, survivors and their families connected last year.
- Smokers’ Helpline offered support, advice and information to 153 local people about quitting tobacco use in 2014. Toll-free 1-877-513-5333 or www.smokershelpline.ca
- Peer Support Service helped 17 local people last year who were diagnosed with cancer, or their caregivers, were connected to volunteers who’ve had cancer or cared for a loved one with cancer. Huron & Perth counties had 8 local Peer Support volunteers helping people across Canada.
- Wheels of Hope in 2015 had 68 volunteer drivers travel 133,037 km, providing 1,395 safe rides for cancer-related appointments for 139 local people diagnosed with cancer. We also provided assistance to 11 local families for 350 trips to their child's cancer-related appointments.
- Brochures and Booklets on prevention, treatment and support are available for download from cancer.ca/publications or can be ordered through our toll-free number.
- Community Services Locator is a searchable directory of over 4,000 cancer-related services across Canada. cancer.ca/csl. For example in Huron-Perth, prosthetics are available at no charge.
- Cancer.ca offers up-to-date and credible information about many types of cancer and cancer-related information from prevention to end-of-life issues.
For more information on any of our upcoming events or to learn how to join the fight against cancer, call us at 1-800-294-0086 or email us email@example.com