Careers at the Canadian Cancer Society
Nearly 1 in 2 Canadians is expected to be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. Imagine working for an organization that exists to create a world where no Canadian should have to fear cancer.
At the Canadian Cancer Society (CCS), our teams include people just like you – dynamic, innovative, empowered, passionate and committed to creating real change.
As Canada’s largest national health charity and the leader in taking action against cancer, CCS has had more impact in more communities than any other cancer charity. Here’s how we are doing more:
- We are the country’s largest national charitable funder of research into all types of cancer.
- We educate people on how to reduce their risk of cancer and how some types of cancer can be found early through screening tests.
- Our support services help people with cancer and their loved ones at a time when they are scared and anxious.
- We are a trusted source of information about all types of cancer.
- We advocate to governments on important cancer-related issues on behalf of those affected by cancer.
CCS also mobilizes communities in our work – more than 130,000 volunteers in Canada – to deliver programs, organize fundraising events and do other important work.
All of this is made possible through generous donors who support our fundraising programs and campaigns – such as Relay For Life and Daffodil Month – and the unwavering support of our corporate partners and donors.
CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
How can you stop cancer before it starts?
Discover how 16 factors affect your cancer risk and how you can take action with our interactive tool – It’s My Life! Presented in partnership with Desjardins.