When you choose to register for the Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life through our website, we may request the following information.
1. Participant registration information: includes name, address and other contact information, including e-mail address and the particular event location you’ve registered for.
This information is used to process your registration and to contact you shortly after your registration to provide additional information you will need for the event.
2. Volunteer registration information: includes name, address and other contact information, including e-mail address, the particular event location you’ve registered for and the volunteer areas you are interested in.
This information is used only to help us process your application and find the role that is right for you.
3. Pledge information: includes name, address and other contact information for the person making the donation by pledging a participant, as well as information required to process a tax-receipt.
This information is used to process your donation and provide your receipt. The specific participant that you pledge will also be provided with your name and the amount of your pledge.
4. Luminary information: includes name, address and other contact information for the person purchasing the luminary or luminaries. When you purchase a luminary, you also have the option of providing the name and a personalized message that will appear on the luminary bag.
This information is used only for the purpose of creating the message labels for the luminary bags and is not stored for future use.
5. Survivors’ Victory Lap registration: includes name, address and other contact information, including e-mail address, as well as the particular event location you’ve registered for. Cancer survivors are invited to walk the first lap of the Relay For Life to celebrate their survivorship. Survivors’ names are announced at the event, along with the length of time you’ve been a cancer survivor.
Your personal information is used only for the purpose of announcing your name and length of survivorship during the event, but only if you are comfortable with this. This is optional. You are not required to provide this information, and if you prefer not to have your name announced, simply check the box indicate this. We respect your privacy. The information is not used in any other way, and will never be shared with any other organization.
6. Personal account information: in order to use our online registration application, you will need to provide your e-mail address and a password. This information will remain confidential.
Your personal account information will provide you will access to information about your personal registration details as well as information about your pledge status. Your password is store in our database and you may change it at any time by logging in to your account.
7. Invitations: Participants who have registered online have the option through our online registration application, to send e-mail to family, friends and co-workers to invite them to join a team or pledge them for the event. In this case, you are asked to provide e-mail addresses for your contacts.
This information is used only for the purpose of sending the e-mail invitations. We do not store these e-mail addresses.
8. Credit card information: we process standard credit card information (card number, card type and expiration date) via a secure, 128-bit encrypted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) session. SSL is the proven standard for secure web transactions.
This information is used to process your financial transaction only and is not stored.
Our web site contains registration forms for events and conferences. These forms are designed to register your place in the conference and collect basic information that we need to organize the event and ensure that we meet the needs of participants.