1.1 CCS accepts full responsibility for protecting personal information under its possession or control. CCS’s Vice President, Human Resources is appointed as Senior Privacy Officer and is accountable for the organization’s compliance with this policy.
1.2. The Senior Privacy Officer delegates responsibilities relating to privacy management, oversight and compliance to provincial and regional privacy representatives on an as-needed basis. The provincial and regional privacy representatives are the first point of contact for privacy inquiries, concerns or incidents, and escalate privacy matters to the Senior Privacy Officer in accordance with CCS internal privacy incident management procedure.
1.3. The duties of the Senior Privacy Officer, and those of the provincial and regional privacy representatives, as delegated, include:
- developing and, on a regular basis, reviewing CCS policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation and compliance;
- ensuring all staff are trained on privacy best practices and are aware of the importance of safeguarding any personal information that they are privy to;
- ensuring that all inquiries and complaints relating to privacy are appropriately handled;
- ensuring all third parties to whom CCS provides access to personal information adhere to appropriate standards of care in managing that information; and
- informing the CEO and/or Board about significant privacy breaches that could potentially cause harm to CCS’s reputation.